- Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, Abu Dhabi – Invited Speaker, “Christian Scholar Examines Prophet Muhammad’s Covenants and Pluralism.” December.
- The Parliament of the World’s Religions – Invited Speaker, “An Offering of the Covenants of the Prophet Muhammad to the Christians of the World in the 21st Century.” November.
- University of Denver – Invited speaker, “Muslims in America: Examining the Facts.” September.
- The Dialogue Institute of the Southwest – Invited speaker, “Dialogue Matters – Christian Muslim Relations in the Early Years of Islam.” November.
- The Islamic Institute and Houston Blue Mosque – Invited speaker, “Prophet Muhammad’s covenants with Christians.” May.
- Needham Human Rights Committee – Invited speaker, “Understanding ISIS and Combatting the Threat.” May.
- IslamInSpanish and the Boniuk Institute (at Rice University) – Invited speaker, “La Convivencia, Islamophobia and the American Identity.” April.
- Rice University, The Boniuk Institute Council – Invited speaker, “‘Journey into America’ documentary.” March.
- Rice University, The Boniuk Institute Council – Moderator, “Ask a Muslim.” February.
- Good Shepherd Episcopalian Church, Kingwood, TX – Invited speaker, “Living in an Age of Extremes – ISIS, Islamophobia, and the Grey Zone.” February.
- Good Shepherd Episcopalian Church, Kingwood, TX – Invited speaker, “What The World Needs Now.” December.
- Rice University, Religion and Public Life Program – Invited speaker, “Islam and Public Life: Addressing Stigmas and Stereotypes.” September.
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Harrisburg, PA – Invited speaker, “Jasla convention – Prophet Muhammad and religious pluralism.” July.
- Muslim American Society (MAS), Clear Lake, TX – Keynote speaker, “Annual Banquet Dinner.” June.
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist, Needham, MA – Invited speaker, “Building Bridges with American Muslims.” June.
- Rice University, Religion and Public Life Program – Invited speaker, “Religious Pluralism in Islam.” March.
- Rice University, Department of Sociology – Panel moderator, “The Stand-Ins.” November.
- University College Cork, Philosophical Society – Invited Speaker, “This House Would Ban the Burqa.”
- Al Mustafa Cultural Centre, Dublin, Ireland – Invited speaker, “Fourth Annual Peace Walk and Conference.”
- Trinity College Dublin, Institute for International Integration – Presenter, “The Lived Experiences of Pakistani Men in Dublin and Boston.”
- Trinity College Dublin, Sociological Society – Invited speaker, “The Benefits of Studying Islam as a Catholic.”
- University College Dublin, Law Society – Invited debater, “This House Believes that Islam is a Threat to the West.”
- US Embassy, London (UK) – Invited commentator, “Journey into America and One Film 9/11.”
- School of Oriental and African Studies, London (UK) – Invited speaker, “Journey into America and Islam in America” (Framing Muslims Seminar Series).
- Blackpitts Mosque, Dublin, Ireland – Invited speaker – “Evening Seminar Series.”
- European Sociological Association, University of Geneva (Switzerland) – Presenter, “The Experiences of Young Pakistani Muslim Men in Dublin and Boston.”
- Princeton University, The Witherspoon Institute – Invited participant, “Islam and Religious Freedom Seminar.”